If you need to make adjustments within a face, you can do this with the Face-Aware Liquify tool in Adobe Photoshop. This allows you to make complex selections on a face to easily make adjustments. In this video, Richard Harrington walks through how to use the Face-Aware Liquify tool in Photoshop.
- If you need to make adjustments within a face,…Photoshop offers a newer tool called Face-Aware Liquify.…Now, Liquefy has been around for a long time,…but the Face-Aware features make very complex selections,…so you can make particular adjustments easily.…I've opened up an image with a face…and I'll simply choose to first Convert for Smart Filters.…This way, I can make edits in the future, if needed.…Now, I'll choose Filter, Liquefy.…
If you choose the face tool here on the left,…it will automatically generate a series of points.…Now, if you have more than one person within the frame,…you can actually select the faces with the pop-up menu here…and move through.…What's going to happen is that Photoshop…will attempt to recognize facial details.…Now, if the subject is turned or at an angle,…it might miss some of those details.…This won't work on all images,…but when it does work, it's quite useful.…
You'll notice it puts a bracket around the different images…here, to indicate a face,…and if you mouse over, you can start to see…
- What are selections?
- Creating masks from selections
- Moving a selection
- Selecting with the Quick Selection tool
- Transforming a selection
- Using the Refine Edge command
- Selecting a color or tonal range throughout the image
- Making a selection with the Pen tool
- Saving a selection as an alpha channel
- Creating a selection from multiple channels with the Calculations command
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Selections?
2. Getting Started with Selection Tools
3. The Wand Tools
4. Refining a Selection
5. Power User Techniques
6. Creating Selections with Channels
What are channels?3m 43s
7. Face-Aware Liquify
Final thoughts1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.