Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting the effects, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] This works quite well so far,…but let's see if we can give it…a little bit of a boost.…We'll make sure the object's selected again,…and let's try adding a high pass filter onto this.…Filter, other, and high pass.…And this gives a quite grey result…when we have a small radius,…but as we increase that radius…you can see how it increases the contrast in here,…and now we're starting to get something…of interesting happening.…
We get this really nice beaming effect…that looks very, very good on this image.…So let's say okay to that.…It's perhaps a little bit too strong,…so, once again, let's take it and drag it down…beneath the motion blur filter,…like this,…and that looks really good to me.…There's rather a sharp cut-off at the knees, here,…so let's go onto our filter mask,…switch to the brush tool,…and, at a low opacity,…paint that back in a little bit more.…
And now the filter goes right down to her feet.…If we want to edit one of the lower filters,…then something rather strange happens.…Say you want to edit that Pointillize filter,…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 53m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.