Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting color brightness and contrast, part of Exploring Photoshop: Mastering Curves.
- Now to finish up our adjustment on this image…that we've already performed the color cast on,…let's take a look at the overall brightness and contrast…of this image and see if we can fine-tune that…to improve our image even more.…In the previous exercise we did the color cast correction,…we removed the blue color cast, got a noticeable improvement…in the overall quality of the image,…and the color saturation actually gives us…a little bit better overall contrast as well.…So for improving overall brightness and contrast…let's evaluate the image, we've got good histograms,…got data from highlight to shadow, we've removed…the color cast, everything's nice and balanced,…and the overall brightness is actually pretty good.…
We could take and try to do a midtone brightening of…the image, I'm going to hit the Delete key to remove that.…I really don't want to brighten.…I think the brightness is good.…If I'm working on this on a calibrated monitor…and I'm comfortable with the brightness,…I don't need to do any more lightening.…
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Curve Fundamentals
2. Tone and Simple Color Adjustments with Curves
3. Numeric Color Adjustments with Curves
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.