Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting brush size and hardness, part of Time-Saving Tips Using Photoshop.
- [Instructor] The brush tool is a staple … for many tasks that we perform in Photoshop. … This can include painting with color, adjusting … When using the brush tool, no one size fits all. … You have to adjust your brush size and hardness … for the task at hand. … I'd like to show you a few methods that I like … to use to adjust brush properties when using … the brush tool. … What I want to do is show you how we can utilize … those brush properties. … So the one area I need to fix in this document … is if you go to the butterfly accent layer … And you can see that there's some areas … I created this mask and I realized … that there's some areas that didn't get included. … Now, one way you can adjust your brush tip … is up here in your options bar. … And again, any tool that uses the brush tip … So if you click on the arrow you can drag … the size slider up and down to change the size. … But the only way you could really see the size … is by moving your cursor over onto your document. …
- Customizing Photoshop
- Zooming and panning techniques
- Using Photoshop tool shortcuts
- Selecting, moving, showing, and merging layers
- Adjusting brush size
- Transforming selections
- Adding a color adjustment
- Changing type properties
- Working with Smart Objects
Skill Level Intermediate
Time-Saving Tips Using Illustratorwith Chad Chelius1h 45m Intermediate
Lightroom Classic CC: Working Fasterwith Chris Orwig1h 25m Intermediate
Mastering Selections in Photoshop CCwith Tim Grey3h 13m Beginner
1. Performance and Interface Tips
3. Selections and Masking
4. Working with Type
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.