See how to add text to Photoshop documents, as Mike Rankin demonstrates the use of the Type tool, the Paragraph, Character, and Glyphs panels, as well as how to choose a font family and font style, point size, and leading. He also explains the difference between point type and paragraph type.
- [Instructor] In this movie we'll see how to add text … to Photoshop documents by adding some article titles … and subtitles to our magazine cover here. … And I'll start by taking the Type Tool … and notice in the toolbar … that there are versions of the tool … for creating both Horizontal and Vertical Type. … I'll choose Horizontal. … And up in the options bar I have my formatting choices. … I can pick a font family and style. … I'm going to choose Helvetica Neue Condensed Black. … And I'll make it 48 points. … Left aligned. … And I'll set the text color to white. … There's also a handy button in the options bar … for opening the Character and Paragraph panels … where there's lots more formatting options for type. … So let's click that too. … Now I can click in my document where I want the text to go. … Photoshop adds some placeholder text and selects it, … so I can start typing right away. … And the text that I want is Chair or Towel? … Your opinions crash on our Editor's desk. … And when I'm done typing I'll click the checkmark …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.