Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the tree, part of Photoshop for Photographers: Compositing.
Now that we have cleaned up the light bulb, let's go and take a look at how we can…start to build the tree inside of the light bulb.…Yet, first let's organize our layers. To do that let's click in the topmost clean…up layer here, then hold down the Shift key and click in the bottom layer.…Next we'll press Command+G on a Mac or Ctrl+G on Windows, think G for Group.…We'll go ahead and name this Group light.…Next let's turn on the Visibility of our top two layers here, the stick layer…and also the Tree top layer.…Here we'll click in the stick layer. You can see that we have this kind of a…little bit off-white background here.…
Well to remove that, let's simply use one of our Selection tools. Here I'll…use the Magic Wand tool. With the Magic Wand tool you can change your overall Tolerance.…If you have a higher Tolerance it will select more, if you have a lower Tolerance…it will select less.…Now with the photograph like this you probably want a pretty low tolerance. You…want to turn Contiguous on,…
- Combining facial expressions from two images
- Creating a better group portrait with Photomerge
- Removing a subject from the background
- Changing the scale of a subject
- Enhancing the color and tone of a composite image
- Masking together multiple exposures
- Filling in background gaps
- Correcting overexposure
- Replacing the sky in an image
- Creating reflections
- Building in shadows
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effectswith Chris Orwig4h 57m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. Combining Expressions
2. Adding a Subject to a New Environment
3. Compositing to Improve Composition
4. Combining Exposures in Architectural Photography
5. Replacing the Sky in an Image
6. Showing Frame-by-Frame Action in Sports
7. Creating an Imaginative Scene
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.