Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding text, graphics, and animation, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop (2012).
When it comes to creating graphics inside your Photoshop documents, there are …a couple core tools that we'll be using.…We'll definitely create some graphics using vector shapes and text.…But also, we'll be using a number of techniques to actually create graphics.…Now, in this video I just wanted to give you a broad overview of some of these…elements that you might be seeing, so you won't be so nervous when we actually…jump into the chapter and start covering some of the different techniques.…So, if we click in the Timeline down here and scrub with our playhead, …the first graphic you'll see, we have a piece of text with a vector shape.…
And to see that shape, we need to actually scroll down in the Layers panel.…And if you open up Group 1, here you'll see I have a rectangle.…I know it's a vector shape because of this icon that looks sort of like paths with points.…Now this graphic was stylized using a Layer Style which will allow me to control color.…Using Layer Styles to colorize graphics will allow me to actually create animation.…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.