Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a stroke to paths, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- The Shift key helps us to draw straight lines…with our Brush tool.…But how about curved lines,…can we do those too?…Yes, we can, with a little trick.…We will use the Pen tool…to create a vector path.…If we just click on the canvas with the Pen tool,…the different points…are connected with straight lines…but if we click and drag…we can expand these little handles…and with those we can create…a nice curved line.…
We can then use the Direct Selection tool…to adjust the different points…of our path…until it looks…the way we want it to look.…Now we have the path…and we will open up…the Path palette and a window path,…and here we have our path,…it's called Work Path.…And we have a few options here at the bottom.…And the option that's interesting for us right now…is the Stroke path with brush option.…
So I select my Brush tool again,…that's this one,…and I can now click Stroke path with brush,…and voila,…we have a nice curved line…drawn with our Brush tool…with the help…of this vector path.…And we can now adjust the path…and we can then stroke it again,…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.