Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding softness and texture to skin, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, we are going to apply a skin softening technique.…We are going to use one of these layers that we copied in the previous movie…and we will call this one Soft and the one above we will call Texture.…That's right, one for softness and one for texture.…Let's click in the Soft layer and navigate to our filter dropdown menu and choose Blur, Surface Blur.…Now, there are some people out there who say don't ever use surface blur on your images.…Now, I agree with them for the most part, yet there are times where you can use it and bring back some of the texture.…Let's see how it works and then you can decide for yourself if it's something you want to use.…
Alright, what we are going to do is have a pretty low threshold here and increase our radius.…We are looking to soften the skin.…We are looking to add visible amount of softness and amount of softness that is too much that you are not comfortable with.…So you want to go too far with this and click OK.…Now, that does not look good.…I am aware of that.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.