Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a sharing layer, option 2, part of Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fills.
- [Narrator] Now option number two is what you…need to do when you fill with a pattern.…We're actually gonna make a shading layer.…So I'm gonna make a new layer and I'm gonna…make it right below my sketch layer.…So I clicked on the coat, I'm gonna click new,…we'll call this shading,…and we're gonna make this a shading layer…as opposed to working on an individual item.…So we'll go up to Edit,…Fill,…and we're gonna fill this layer with 50% gray.…
Now it's important that you select 50% gray…from the contents dropdown, it's not opacity.…And we're using this specifically because of the layer…blend mode we're going to use.…In the earlier movie about layer blend modes,…I talked about how Soft Light makes 50% gray…completely transparent, well that's what just happened here.…Now, you can see it on the background,…and that's because there's no background here.…If we want the background to be white, it's pretty simple.…All we have to do is add a new layer,…and let's just get it on the bottom.…
And if I fill this layer with white,…
- Using and scaling pattern fills
- Making basic patterns
- Turning scanned swatches into a pattern
- Working with textured fabrics or ditsy prints
- Working with other types of repeats
- Preparing your illustration
- Manipulating pattern fills
- Swapping patterns
- Mocking up photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop Retouching: Fashion Editorialwith Timothy Sexton58m 7s Intermediate
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
1. Important Tools to Know
2. Pattern Basics
3. Working with Scanned Fabric Swatches
4. Prepping the Illustration
5. Manipulating Pattern Fills
6. Swapping Patterns
7. Mocking Up Photos
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.