Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding shape and dimension, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie I want to briefly look at how we can add some dimension to this image.…We want to add a little bit more density in a few areas.…We're going to do that by clicking on the "Adjustment Layer" icon and choosing "Curves".…We're going to bring this down quite a bit here click OK.…Now invert the mask press Command+I in a Mac, Ctrl+I in a PC, zoom in, select your good old Brush tool,…we'll paint with white and paint it about with 50% Opacity.…What I'm going to do is look to darken up the eyebrows a little bit,, add a little bit more density to this portion…of the image here, go over to the other eyebrow and just fill that out just a little bit here.…
I'm going to do that under the eye as well 10%, so I'll press the 1 key on the keyboard,…press 2 to go to 20% build this up a little bit.…Alright, add a little bit there.…We'll zoom out tad bit here's our before and after, again just subtly adding a little bit more density there.…Let's go down to the lips, so we're going to go to the lips here.…In this case I want a pretty descent size brush, 10% opacity; I'm just going to look to darken…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.