Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding shape and dimension, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In the previous movie we looked at how we could enhance shape by actually liquefying pixels.…In the next couple of movies I want to look at how we can enhance shape by burning and dodging.…So, let's go ahead and merge the shape layer down press Command + E on the Mac, Ctrl + E on the PC and then Ctrl click…or right click the Cleanup Layer and choose Duplicate Layer, let's name this one screen.…Yup, that's right, we're going to use a screen blend mode, this is going to be pretty cool, check this out.…So we'll go down to the Screen Blend Mode, now that doesn't look good at all,…yet we can fix this and we're going to make this look amazing.…
Next, we'll click on the Add Layer Mask icon, while holding on the Option key on a Mac, Alt key on a PC.…Now we're going to grab our Brush tool and we're going to paint with a nice a little Opacity, it's right, 30% of Opacity.…What I'm looking to do here is to just bring in some brightness and I'm going to try…to follow the brightness that I'm seeing in the image.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.