Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding shape with curves and masking, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Hey welcome back.…In this movie what we are going to do is apply technique that will help us add dimension to this image.…So let's merge everything at the top layer Shift Option Command E on a Mac, Shift Alt Ctrl E on a PC.…Gosh I have said that a number of times, hopefully you are picking up that shortcut;…it's a really valuable shortcut in retouching as you can see.…We are going to navigate to the filter dropdown menu.…Here we are going to choose sharpen Unsharp Mask.…What we are going to do with unsharp mask is a really low amount…and incredibly high radius, this is going to add some local contrast.…
So we want a real low amount, real high radius, incredibly high radius there and click OK.…Now let's take a look at our before and after.…before and after you can really see it in the arms again, it's just adding extra dimension to the image before and after,…really interesting look especially in the face there before and after.…So here we have that effect, let's dial it in appropriately,…little bit too strong for my liking, just a real subtle local contrast layer.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.