Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding shape with Burn and Dodge, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie we are going to work on adding shape…to the body most importantly we are going to work on adding shape to this arm.…That's going to be the most important part of the image because it's really fine.…Look at the rest of the image.…There is all this really interesting like this part of the image is really flat, we are going to add a little bit…of a connection of the rest of the image there.…Before we do that let's organize things a little bit.…Well all of these layers are my color layers except for that top one that isn't named, that's a layer where we worked…on the lips and it's burning and dodging there.…So let's click in our color layers, click and then Shift Click and press Command G…on a Mac, Ctrl G on a PC and name this layer Color.…
So now we can see our before and after, Color before and after.…That looks really nice.…Now this burning and dodging lip layer I want to merge that down to R1 so I click in this layer, layer 3,…then hold down the Command key on the Mac, Ctrl key on a PC and click in R1 and then press Command E on a Mac,…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.