In this video, add shadows to the colors of your drawing by painting inside the individual coloring layers.
- [Instructor] We are ready to introduce … some shading to our colors now, … and I want to start by shading the face here. … First step is to pick up the color … that is already on the canvas. … So by clicking and holding Alt, … we switch to the color picker, … and if I now click somewhere here in my face, … I will pick up the face color. … If I now paint, nothing happens … because I'm painting with the color that is already here. … In order to introduce some shading, … I will now darken my color a little bit … and here in the color picker I will go a little bit down … and since we're painting skin, … I also want to enhance the saturation … of the darker color a little bit … so I go a little bit right … because skin transmits light. … And even the dark parts have a little bit of light in them … which gives them more saturation … than it would give a surface that does not emit light. … And now what I'm trying to do is to identify spaces here … in my face that might receive less light …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.