Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a new light source, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, I want to improve the overall focus of the image, the overall lighting the image.…So before we actually work on our lighting, what I'd like to do is combine these layers.…So we'll click on our top layer contour hold down the Shift key and then click in our bottom layer Curves here…and press Command+G for Group on a Mac, on a PC press Ctrl+G for Group and then let's name this layer adjustments adj…for adjustments, and number of different adjustments there.…We worked on the face mostly.…So we'll go ahead and name that adj of adjustments.…Now, let's start to work on the lighting.…
In order to do that we need a shortcut, The shortcut cut is Shift+Option+Command+E on a Mac, on a PC it's Shift+Alt+Ctrl+E…that will merge all of our underlined layers to the top most layer and we'll name this light and then navigate…to your Filter drop-down menu and choose Render and Lighting Effects.…Now, in Lighting Effects what we're going to do is add a spotlight.…In this case, my spotlights in a really good position and we can see that there, to bring in light from the top down,…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.