Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the main shadow and final touches, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- So now that we have our bottle complete, it has to cast…the shadow because we obviously have a light source, right?…It's got all kind of shadows in places,…so it has to have a shadow that it's casting.…So I can't do the drop shadow trick that I've done in other…places because I haven't really combined these.…They're all separate pieces.…So what I'm going to do is I'm going turn off the…background, and I will combine them all into one layer.…So I'm going to go in there and say merge visible…with my Option key pressed.…There's that copy right there,…and I'm going to lock the transparency of that one…and fill it with black.…
So, now, I'm going to go in here and unlock the…transparency and put it all the way to the back.…Let's turn on our background again,…and what I'm going to do with that guy now is,…I'm going to go in there and I'm going to distort him.…So I hit Command T.…so I have this guy with the Command key pressed,…I can go in there and distort individual pieces of it.…And I can go in there and start to do this kind of a thing,…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.