Join David Mattingly for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the light side's base texture, part of Digital Matte Painting Essentials 4: Texturing.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now we need to do the same thing for the light side of the castle, so turn…on that duplicate stone texture we kept, duplicate…it again, and turn off one of the copies.…Turn on your Perspective Guides again, and make sure your right side is visible.…Set the opacity of the layer to 50% and now you can see what you're doing.…Press Cmd or Ctrl+T to invoke the Transform tool.…Then right click and choose Distort and distort the stone texture to cover all…of the sides of the castle that vanish to the right, or the light side.…Once again you need to very carefully follow your Perspective Guides.…
Hold down on…the Shift key while adjusting the corners of the distort box, so…that you don't move the corners right or left, just up or down.…The texture needs to cover all of the flat surfaces, so you…can adjust the sides of the box if you need more texture.…Before you press Return or Enter, zoom in and…make sure your bricks are following the Inter-perspective Guidelines.…When you are happy with the distortion, press Return or Enter to accept it.…
- Preparing your form study for texturing
- Adding dark and light side textures
- Making rounded textures with the Warp tool
- Creating photographic crenellations
- Using Levels and Curves for color correction
- Adding photographic elements
- Relighting details
- Adding glows, smoke, and flames
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using Photographic Textures to Finish Your Castle
2. Adding Unique, Photographic Crenellations to Your Castles
The Vanishing Point tool4m 54s
3. Color Correction with Levels and Curves
4. Distorting and Relighting Photographic Textures
5. Finishing Your Castle
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.