Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding light with curves, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
You know when you reach the end of a project a lot of times what you want to do is step back, look away and then…look back at the image and think about, "Is there anything else that I would like to do?" And in this particular case I would like to add…a little bit more light. Now we've added some light to this image in some other movies. …Yet I want to add a little bit more light here in this final movie.…So we'll click on the Adjustment Layer icon and choose Curves. Next we're going to brighten up the image,…so we're going to increase the Midtones there, just a little bit and click OK.…Then invert the mask. Press Command+I on a Mac, Ctrl+I on a PC. Press B to select the Brush tool and …we're going to paint with 20% Opacity. Make our brush nice and big, and all that I want to do here is just bring in…some brightness on the face. So I'm going to add a little bit more brightness.…
Press 3 on the keyboard to go to 30%. Add a little bit more brightness here.…Just some subtle additional brightness here. Let's look at our before and after. Before and after, bringing some focus on the face here. …
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.