Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding interest by masking in exposure, part of Photoshop for Photographers: Compositing.
Here we're going to take a look at another example and pick up a few new techniques of …how we can composite or mask together multiple exposures in order to increase the visual …interest in our architectural photographs. …These photographs were captured by a good friend and a great photographer Blake Marvin. …Be sure to check out his work at blakemarvin.com, and Blake, thanks a ton for the use of the file. …I really appreciate it. …Well, here in the Layers panel, you can see that we have three different exposures. …The exposure that we're looking at here is for the sky. You know, for the most part everything …looks really nice, except you may notice that there are few areas where things are a bit overexposed.…
Yet we also have another exposure where we have brightened everything up, or where Blake …has brightened everything up. …We can use this to paint in some brightness into different areas of our photograph. …Then, last but not least for this project, we have a third exposure where the exposure …
- Combining facial expressions from two images
- Creating a better group portrait with Photomerge
- Removing a subject from the background
- Changing the scale of a subject
- Enhancing the color and tone of a composite image
- Masking together multiple exposures
- Filling in background gaps
- Correcting overexposure
- Replacing the sky in an image
- Creating reflections
- Building in shadows
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Creative Compositingwith Chris Orwig4h 41m Intermediate
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effectswith Chris Orwig4h 57m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. Combining Expressions
2. Adding a Subject to a New Environment
3. Compositing to Improve Composition
4. Combining Exposures in Architectural Photography
5. Replacing the Sky in an Image
6. Showing Frame-by-Frame Action in Sports
7. Creating an Imaginative Scene
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.