Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding highlights and tones to the compact, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- So now we're going to create…the little hole in the middle.…So, go back to our perspective,…there's our perspective and we're going to go in there…and just drag this guy up like that.…That's going to be the shape and then bring this guy over.…Now you notice I'm not moving these guys independently…because the vanishing point which is way up there…should not be moved at all.…There we go.…There we have that shape, move this guy up just a tad…and I'm hitting my cursor keys.…There you go, this is a good size…and bring this guy down just a little bit.…
There we go.…So now we have that.…So we'll get that nice red and in our layer…for perspective with our brush…and we stroke those.…There we go.…Now we go back to our shapes.…We can actually create a whole new shape here.…So what's going to happen is, I'm going to get my pen tool…and get in closer here,…see this, and here we go.…I click from here, straight down, up to here,…straight up, and close it off.…
There's that little hole…that everything's going to come out of.…And this guy should come out just a little bit,…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.