Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the final shadow and finishing touches, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- So now here it comes,…the final shadows and little reflections…that are going to make this thing look real.…So what I'm going to do is I'm going to…pretty much do them by eye,…I can't do drop shadows here because there's…so many different pieces.…So I'm going to do it kind of by eye.…I'm going to go in here and just get…real close on this thing,…let's get close.…And I'm going to start right under here.…So I'm going to just kind of create this little shape…right there like that,…and follow the whole edge of the box…to about there, see?…Now, going at a slight angle,…so I'm going to bring this in a little bit…so that it's more like that,…at an angle.…
Come over to here…and let's bring it down a little bit…so it's following there, alright.…And then we come over here and we're going to just…give this a little bit of a little shadow…right under here.…It's going to follow that.…And this is going to be a little longer here.…Actually, no, it's going to be there…and then it goes at an angle.…Let's see.…We're going to follow that same angle over there?…
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.