Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding and evaluating accent color, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Now, because this image has so many interesting colors, it would be kind of fun to work on some accent colors.…So let's work on the hands and the fingernails.…We'll zoom in there, and we're going to create a New Layer; Shift+Command+N on a Mac,…Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC, and we'll name the layer color.…Next, what we're going to do is select the Brush Tool, and we're going a sample a color from our image.…So I'm going to go ahead and sample a nice red here.…So I'm going to click on one of these details of the dress; I'll hold down the Option key on a Mac,…Alt key on a PC, and I'm going to grab one of those details.…I'm going to go ahead and paint.…
I'm painting at 50% Opacity right now.…I'm just going to paint on the fingernails.…Now, I know I'm going to need to take this to a Blend Mode of color, that's the only way that this will look good.…So I'm going to try that.…First, I'm going to get my painting dialed in here, and get those all good, that looks fine.…Blend Mode this guy to color; now we can see through that color that looks much better.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.