Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a creative effect, part of Photoshop for Photographers: Compositing.
All right, well we are getting close to finishing up this little mini project…and because of that what I want to do first is get rid of a few layers that we…haven't used or that we don't need to use.…I also want to talk about how we can dial in a little bit more work on our…shadows and then apply a creative effect to this project.…So let's go ahead and click into the shadow layer here, then press Delete or Backspace.…We will also go to this layer which was the original really big layer that we…have, we will go ahead and delete that one as well.…Again, I just want to clean things up so that we're not getting confused with…what we have to work with.…
With the shadow copy layer, let's go ahead and name that one shadow-doc.…Then I want to create another shadow.…So let's zoom in on the photograph and the shadow that I want to create is…called the point of contact shadow. To do that we will create a new layer, so we…will go ahead and click on the New Layer icon and we will name this new layer…shadow-poc, for point of contact.…
- Combining facial expressions from two images
- Creating a better group portrait with Photomerge
- Removing a subject from the background
- Changing the scale of a subject
- Enhancing the color and tone of a composite image
- Masking together multiple exposures
- Filling in background gaps
- Correcting overexposure
- Replacing the sky in an image
- Creating reflections
- Building in shadows
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effectswith Chris Orwig4h 57m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. Combining Expressions
2. Adding a Subject to a New Environment
3. Compositing to Improve Composition
4. Combining Exposures in Architectural Photography
5. Replacing the Sky in an Image
6. Showing Frame-by-Frame Action in Sports
7. Creating an Imaginative Scene
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.