Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding contour , part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Welcome back.…In this movie we are going to be doing some contouring or adding some dimension to this image.…Now before we do that we need to organize our layers a little bit.…This layer 1 here I forgot to name that is actually the eyelash layer…and then the eyelashes layer that is a layer where I did some burning.…So I want to go ahead and name that one Burning so I know what it is like say hey that's…where I brought down those details a little bit.…I need to back it off after I look at the print, if it's too dark I can then do that.…Alright well let's create a new layer for our contouring that is Shift Option Command N on a Mac, Shift Alt Ctrl N on a PC.…
We will name this layer Contour.…Adding a little bit of dimension, we will select our Brush tool and we are going to paint…with black on 10% or less try about 8% there.…I like my brush nice and big about that size, blend mode of Soft Light or over light, I am going to go with Soft Light here…and what I am going to do is just look to bring out the shadows.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.