Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding contour to the face, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, we're going to use a Burning and Dodging technique in order to add a little bit of contour to the face.…So let's create a New Layer, Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC.…Name the layer Contour, Blend mode of Soft Light click OK.…Next, press B on the keyboard to select the Brush tool, press 10, it go to 10% Opacity, real low opacity,…and what we're going to do here is we're going to paint with black along the edge…of the cheeks here, add a little bit of definition.…Now, initially this is going to look way too strong and eventually it will look nice.…
What we'll do is we'll actually be blurring this out quite a bit.…So don't worry if you think this just looks crazy.…Then I'm going to go around the edge of the forehead, darken that up a little bit with smaller brush,…go along the ridge of the nose there, and yes, I know this is too intense, I know that, I know it, youve got to stick with me.…Then, paint with white, nice big brush here, little spot on the chin,…little spot on the nose, little spot in the center of the forehead.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.