Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a color adjustment, part of Time-Saving Tips Using Photoshop.
- [Instructor] Layer masks allows us to isolate … and adjust areas of an image without permanently … altering anything in the file. … Combine that with an adjustment layer, … and you have a … one-two punch for making … isolated color adjustments. … This makes it easy to go back later on … and make changes if necessary. … Now keep in mind, I'm not trying to show you … Just a basic understanding so you can take advantage … of layer masks and adjustment layers with your own work. … Now, I'm back here with the flippy dot PSD image open, … and, once again, I'm going to use my selection tool. … More specific, my quick selection tool. … And, I'm going to go ahead and isolate … a pair of these flip flops. … the green pair here. … And we'll go ahead and … add the other one. … And, as I look at that, that looks pretty good. … Now, with an active selection, … what makes this really powerful, … is that when you come up here … to your adjustments panel, … these are all of the adjustment layers that can be added …
- Customizing Photoshop
- Zooming and panning techniques
- Using Photoshop tool shortcuts
- Selecting, moving, showing, and merging layers
- Adjusting brush size
- Transforming selections
- Adding a color adjustment
- Changing type properties
- Working with Smart Objects
Skill Level Intermediate
Time-Saving Tips Using Illustratorwith Chad Chelius1h 45m Intermediate
Lightroom Classic CC: Working Fasterwith Chris Orwig1h 25m Intermediate
Mastering Selections in Photoshop CCwith Tim Grey3h 13m Beginner
1. Performance and Interface Tips
3. Selections and Masking
4. Working with Type
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.