Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding candlelight and enhancing color and tone, part of Photoshop for Photographers: Compositing.
Here we are going to continue to work on this project which we started in the previous movie, …and what we are going to focus in on is how we can deal with this issue where this one …candle on the left isn't lit very well. …We are going to look at how we can light that candle and how we can use the candle on the …right in order to do that. …And this is a real common need in architectural photography where we have one light. Perhaps …it's a fire in a fireplace or a lamp which isn't lit up enough. …Well, we can use other exposures in order to correct that.…
Here let's go ahead and merge all of these layers to the top. …To do that, press Shift+Option+Command+E on a Mac or Shift+Alt+Ctrl+E on Windows. …Now, eventually we're going to be deleting this layer, so I am not going to name it just yet. …But what I do want to do is make a selection of this lamp. …Here we'll use the Rectangular Marquee tool and add just a little bit of a feather here, …and then go ahead and click and drag around the lamp. …
- Combining facial expressions from two images
- Creating a better group portrait with Photomerge
- Removing a subject from the background
- Changing the scale of a subject
- Enhancing the color and tone of a composite image
- Masking together multiple exposures
- Filling in background gaps
- Correcting overexposure
- Replacing the sky in an image
- Creating reflections
- Building in shadows
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effectswith Chris Orwig4h 57m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. Combining Expressions
2. Adding a Subject to a New Environment
3. Compositing to Improve Composition
4. Combining Exposures in Architectural Photography
5. Replacing the Sky in an Image
6. Showing Frame-by-Frame Action in Sports
7. Creating an Imaginative Scene
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.