Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a Layer Style, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- Our filters may be complete.…We can still of course add regular layer styles to it.…Let's move it over to the side…and let's add an Inner Glow.…Now, by default the layer style Inner Glow…is added to the edge of the layer.…Let's change that so it applies to the center…and now let's adjust the size of it,…and as we make the size larger rather counterintuitively,…the glow gets smaller.…
Somewhat like that looks rather good to me,…but I think we could reduce the opacity of this somewhat…until round about the 40% mark.…We get a nice bit of glow in the middle.…Here's how it looks without it…and here it is with it.…It just adds a little bit of boost to this image,…and there is the Inner Glow listed…with this smart object along…with all of those smart filters.…
Of course, we can always hide any of these smart filters,…and indeed that Inner Glow,…and we have the flexibility to make…as many changes as we want to this image.…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 53m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.