Lean about painting on a layer mask with a custom brush.
- [Instructor] In this example I'm going to use a brush…to add the texture to this illustration.…This is where we begin without any texture applied…to the background or to the type.…And I'm going to start…by selecting the background layer in this illustration…and coming to the window menu to extensions,…Adobe paper texture pro, and apply a texture,…one that's called Casanova to the background.…
But the main part of this example…is to apply texture to the type and for that,…I'm going to use a brush.…So I need to go to my source file for the brush texture.…This is a stock image and I need to convert this to a brush.…So before I can come to the edit menu…and choose define brush preset,…I need to make sure that the whites are transparent.…
And to do that, I will unlock the layer,…double click to the right of the layer name,…and come to the blending options.…I'm now going to use the blend if sliders.…So for this layer, I want to get the white slider…and bring this to the left.…I'm going to come down to about level 200.…
- Sourcing textures
- Add texture with blend modes, masks, and overlays
- Creating texture brushes
- Applying texture with filters
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Apply Texture with Blend Modes, Layer Masks, and Clipping Masks
2. Apply Texture with Brushes
3. Apply Texture with Filters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.