Learn how to install and use this free plugin to create texture combinations.
- [Narrator] In this movie I'll show how we can add texture…to an image using a fantastic free extension…for Photoshop called Adobe Paper Texture Pro.…And we can transform our image from this to this…with just a few clicks.…So I'm going to come to my starting state…and to the window menu and down to extensions…and choose Adobe Paper Texture Pro.…Now if you don't see it here you will first of all…need to install it…and you can do that by browsing extensions online.…
This will take you to exchange.adobe.com.…In the search field we'll type in paper texture.…This is the one we're after.…Download this, install it…and then we're ready to use it.…So we can apply any combination…of these different texture files…using any of the standard blending modes.…Now, the default blending mode is overlay.…
We can change this.…I tend to leave it at overlay…and then just adjust it on the layers panel as necessary.…We could also randomize the texture combination…and choose how many textures are factored in…to that random texture.…We can also add more textures by pointing the extension…
- Sourcing textures
- Add texture with blend modes, masks, and overlays
- Creating texture brushes
- Applying texture with filters
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Apply Texture with Blend Modes, Layer Masks, and Clipping Masks
2. Apply Texture with Brushes
3. Apply Texture with Filters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.