Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Achieving super accurate, target-based color corrections, part of Advanced Photoshop: Curves.
- For this project, we're going…to do a second target-based correction,…but it's going to be a more accurate one.…We're going to start with the final product…that we ended up with with the previous project…which was an eyedropper-based quick…and dirty version using the target.…We're going to keep that color correction curve…so we can compare and contrast…when we get done with this one.…So if you've just found and were attracted…by the more accurate version,…I really want to encourage you to go back…and preview or review the previous project…in which we used the eyedroppers.…
The reason is I set up the whole conceptual foundation…for how this works with the grayscale target…and swatches for doing the color adjustment.…So please watch that and then come back and follow along.…All right, so what we're going to do…is again, start off with the final version…and then we're going to turn off…that adjustment layer but keep it…so we can do a compare and contrast later.…Then we're going to option or alt and click…and make a new target-based curves adjustment layer.…
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Photoshop Color Correctionwith Taz Tally4h 9m Beginner
Advanced Photoshop Color Correctionwith Taz Tally5h 2m Advanced
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Curve Fundamentals
2. Tone and Simple Color Adjustments with Curves
3. Numeric Color Adjustments with Curves
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.