Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Achieving color adjustments based on color channels, part of Exploring Photoshop: Mastering Curves.
- All right, well let's move on and actually perform…our color correction that we have all set up…in our previous movie.…Just to quickly review, we set color sampler points,…number one, for the diffuse white highlight here…in the daisy, staying away from the reflection,…the specular highlight here.…We set our Midtone color sampler point…on the midtone grey here in the boot,…and then we also set a 3/4 tone color sampler point…for the 3/4 tone Shadow.…Remember, we stayed away from the (mumbles)…even though it's darker,…but it has a different color balance…than the rest of the image.…
And that's a very important point to make…when you're working with well lit images like this,…you want to look for dark areas of the image,…but that are well lit that have the same…color balance as the rest of the image.…So, what are we going to do?…Well, let's start with our Highlight point,…and make an adjustment there,…and remember that the red and green…are already right on the money perfectly…exposed in a nice five percent white highlight,…
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Curve Fundamentals
2. Tone and Simple Color Adjustments with Curves
3. Numeric Color Adjustments with Curves
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.