Lightroom 4 Essentials: 02 Enhancing Photos with the Develop Module
In this installment of the Photoshop Lightroom 4 Essentials series, author and teacher Chris Orwig guides photographers through the process of improving images with creative color, sharpening, and other effects in the Lightroom Develop module. The course covers each of the tools and features in the Develop module, and shows how to perform basic adjustments, such as exposure enhancement; how to improve image quality through noise reduction and clarity adjustments; how to apply creative effects, such as split toning and vignettes; and how to perform advanced tasks, such as correcting for lens distortion. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Improving tone, color, and contrast with the Basic panel
- Adjusting hue, saturation, and lightness with the HSL controls
- Performing local edits using the adjustment brush
- Converting to black and white
- Split toning to create a sepia tone
- Understanding sharpening
- Correcting distortion
- Removing chromatic aberration
- Adding or correcting vignettes
- Using the post-crop controls
- Adding film grain effects
- Understanding camera calibration in Lightroom
- Hi, my name's Chris Orwig. Welcome to another course in the Lightroom 4 Essentials series. Here in this course, we're gonna focus in on the the Develop module. Now if you're like me, you're enthusiastic or maybe even passionate about photography. There's something that happens when we get one of our cameras out and we hold it up to our eye. It changes the way that we see the world. And you know, here in this course, we're gonna focus in on how we can take all of these photographs that we've captured with our cameras and how we can bring those to life inside of the Develop module.
You know, the Develop module is my favorite place in Lightroom. This is where the magic really happens. We'll start off by taking a look at how we can use the basic controls in order to improve our photographs. We'll also look at how we can crop and compose our photographs. We'll spend some time as well making specific adjustments using the adjustment brush. We'll look at how we can use those HSL controls in order to modify the color and luminosity of our photographs either in corrective or creative ways. We'll also explore how we can add some depth or strength to our photographs by converting them to black and white.
And we'll take a look at all of these things and more. So, we have a lot of ground to cover. So without further delay, let's begin.
Lightroom 4 Essentials: 01 Organizing and Sharing with the Library Module496,932 Views
Up and Running with Lightroom 4343,286 Views
Lightroom 4 Essentials: 03 Creating Prints and Books155,148 Views
Lightroom 4 Catalogs in Depth181,993 Views
Lightroom 4 Image Optimization Workshop25,541 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,762,725 Views
Lightroom CC Essential Training (2015)1,132,187 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,393,600 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,292,538 Views