Lightroom 4 Essentials: 03 Creating Prints and Books
Creating Prints and Books is part of author Chris Orwig's investigation of Lightroom 4, the image management and editing tool from Adobe, and focuses on the Print and Books modules, which can be used to create high-quality prints and proofs and design custom layouts for books and other print projects. Chris briefly reviews how to correct and paint away gamut issues and other problems in the Develop module and shows how to take advantage of templates and collections. The course also shows how to adjust print job settings for contact sheets, single image prints, and print packages, and the final chapters guide photographers through the step-by-step process of building and printing a book from Lightroom.
For more training on Lightroom, watch Photoshop Lightroom 4 Essentials: Organizing and Sharing with the Library Module and Photoshop Lightroom 4 Essentials: Enhancing Photos with the Develop Module.
- Creating better prints by soft proofing
- Choosing a soft proof rendering input
- Creating a custom template
- Customizing the print layout style
- Adjusting print to JPG settings
- Reviewing prints
- Creating collections for a book project
- Using Auto Layout
- Using guides and cell controls
- Swapping image position in a book
- Changing the book background
- Working with typography
- Adding captions
- Designing a book cover
- Exporting to PDF
- Ordering from Blurb
- Hi, I'm Chris Orwig. Welcome to another course in the Lightroom 4 Essentials series. Here in this course, we're gonna focus in on working with the print and the book module. You know, something fascinating happens when you work on a photograph, and then you print it, and then you lift up that print, you hold that final artifact in your hand. I think the same thing can be said of designing a book. You group those photographs together, you create a custom layout, then you order the book. Here in this course, we'll take a look at how we can work with soft proofing, which gives us the ability to have a preview of how our prints will appear to make any needed adjustments.
We'll dig into the book module, and there, we'll look at how we can customize our layout by changing the page order or the image sequence. We'll dig into how we can design a cover and customize the typography, and eventually, how we can export our book to Blurb for ordering. I'm really excited about this course, and we have a lot of ground to cover, so let's begin.
Lightroom 4 Essentials: 04 Creating Slideshows and Web Galleries76,195 Views
Lightroom 4 Image Optimization Workshop25,570 Views
Lightroom 4 Catalogs in Depth182,137 Views
Lightroom 4 New Features90,947 Views
Lightroom 4 Essentials: 02 Enhancing Photos with the Develop Module514,744 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,787,756 Views
Lightroom CC Essential Training (2015)1,140,234 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,428,752 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,294,268 Views