In this video, author Chad Chelius describes the role that Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 plays in the overall image editing process. He discusses the intended audience of Photoshop Elements as well as some of the advantages of using the program to manage and organize your images.
- [Instructor] Before we dive into using Photoshop Elements,…I want you to understand what Photoshop Elements is…and what role it plays in the bigger image-editing picture.…Many people are familiar with Adobe Photoshop,…which is a professional image-editing application…used by many people in many industries,…such as designers, photographers, filmmakers,…special effects artists, you name it.…Although Photoshop is incredibly powerful,…it also comes at a cost,…a cost that most hobbyists to intermediate photographers…are not willing or interested in paying for.…
That's where Photoshop Elements comes into play.…Photoshop Elements is a consumer-level,…image-editing application that offers features…specifically geared towards…what the beginner and intermediate photographer,…or creative person, needs.…Now, make no mistake.…That doesn't mean Photoshop Elements isn't powerful.…Quite the contrary.…Photoshop Elements contains some image-editing capabilities…that don't actually exist in the full version of Photoshop.…Now that's saying something.…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.