In this video, author Chad Chelius explains what the Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 catalog is, and discusses the importance of the catalog in the Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 Organizer and the important information that is recorded within the catalog.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Let's not put the cart before the horse here.…Before we start working with catalogs,…you'd probably like to know what a catalog is.…In Photoshop Elements, you're working with photos.…These photos live on your computer in one or more folders…at various locations on your hard drive.…Everyone's approach to storing their photos will vary,…but in one way or another,…the photos physically live on your computer's hard drive.…Now, you have a catalog whose job is essentially…to keep track of those photos on your hard drive…and display the properties of those photos…within the Elements 15 Organizer.…
Initially, the catalog keeps track of standard data…such as the file name, the location of the image or photo,…and things like the camera…that was used to take the picture.…But as you continue working in Elements 15 Organizer…and begin adding additional metadata,…things like keywords, location, and captions…are also recorded in the catalog file.…The catalog stores a lot of important data…about your images,…and much more than I listed here can be added.…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.