In this video, author Chad Chelius describes the purpose and capabilities of the welcome screen and how it can be utilized to control what is displayed when you launch Adobe Photoshop Elements. The Welcome Screen is also a central location to access the Elements Editor and Elements Organizer as well.
- [Instructor] The Welcome Screen serves…as somewhat of a launchpad for different tasks…that you'll be performing.…So we're gonna go ahead and launch Photoshop Elements…on our computer.…Now on the Mac OS, I'm just gonna open up a finder window…and go my Applications folder.…If you're on the Windows platform,…you can go to the Program Files folder…and access the same file here.…So I'm gonna open the Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 folder…and then I'm gonna double-click…on Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to launch the application.…
Now when I do that, you're gonna notice…that we're presented with the Welcome Screen,…and the Welcome Screen, as you can see…there are several pieces to this screen…that we can utilize.…In the upper right-hand corner you'll have an X,…and if you don't want to open the Welcome screen…or you want to quit it, you just click on that X…and it'll go away.…But if you click on the gear icon right here,…this allows me to choose what happens…when I launch Adobe Photoshop Elements 15.…You can see right now when we launch the program…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.