In this video, author Chad Chelius uses the Smart Brush to make adjustments to an image. The Smart brush allows the user to isolate a portion of an image and apply a preset color adjustment to that area.
- [Instructor] The Smart Brush is a tool that makes it easy…to perform commonly needed color corrections to images.…There are several options available to choose from,…so let's take a closer look at how this tool works.…Now, I'm gonna start here in the Elements organizer…and I'm gonna scroll down,…and I'm gonna choose an image that I wanna improve.…I think I'll choose this particular image right here.…I like this shot…and I'd like to just enhance the overall appearance of that.…With that selected, I'm gonna click on the Editor button.…
Now, with this photo open…in the Expert Mode of the Elements Editor,…I'm gonna select this tool right here,…which is called the Smart Brush.…Now, with the Smart Brush tool selected,…down here is where you'll see all the different options…that you have to choose from.…You can actually switch between the Smart Brush tool…and the Detail Smart Brush tool right here.…Either one of these is gonna allow you…to make the selection to apply the effect that you see here.…
If you click on this arrow, you'll be able to see…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.