In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you that the Elements Organizer evaluates every image that you import and automatically adds relevant tags to help you to find those images in a search based on the content of the image. Although you don't have any control over the smart tags that are added, you are able to remove smart tags from an image that are not relevant.
- [Instructor] Smart Tags are auto-generated tags…that the Elements 15 Organizer adds based on…a visual analysis of each photo.…As photos are imported into the Elements Organizer,…the photo is analyzed and tags are added to the photo…based on the content analysis.…There's really no controlling what tags are added,…although you can remove them if you wish.…But they can be quite useful when you need to find…a particular image in your catalog.…Let's take a look at where we see these Smart Tags.…
So beginning this video with the Elements Organizer…already open, and I'm in the Media view here.…Now, with the Smart Tags, there's really no indicator…that Smart Tags are added, but when you start searching…for images, this is where you're going to…be able to see them.…Now to show you this, I'm going to go to the Search…button up here, and this first icon you see here…is the Smart Tags, and you can see that we have not…manually added any of these keywords or tags…to these photos at this point.…
Throughout this course so far, all we've done is…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.