In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you how to straighten and crop an image in Expert mode of the Elements 15 Editor. In addition you'll learn how to use the powerful Perspective Crop tool to fix the perspective distortion in an image.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Cropping a photo is a necessary task…for a number of different reasons.…Sometimes the desired aspect ratio needs to be adjusted…and the only option is to crop.…Aside from that, even the best composed photos…can usually benefit from some level of cropping.…Let's take a look at how to crop and straighten…a photo when needed, as well.…Now, beginning here in the Elements organizer,…and to make things easy…to find the images we're gonna use here,…I'm gonna come up here to the search button.…In this search field, I'm gonna type 6110 and hit enter,…and then I'm gonna type 6765 and hit enter,…and that's gonna bring me or display the images…that we're gonna use in this lesson.…
I'm gonna click on this button to go back…to the organizer window,…and I'm gonna click to select both of these images,…and then I'm gonna click the Editor button.…Now, when this opens up in the Elements Editor,…you wanna make sure you're in Expert Mode.…You'll notice that we have two tabs up here at the top…because we have two images open.…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.