In this video, author Chad Chelius explains that almost all images can benefit from some level of sharpening. Sharpening enhances contrast edges in an image giving it the appearance of being sharper and making the photo appear clearer.
- [Narrator] Most photographers would argue…that pretty much all digital images…can benefit from some level of sharpening.…Sharpening enhances the detail in…an image making it look overall sharper.…Let's take a look at how to sharpen…images in the Elements Editor.…Now here in the Elements Organizer…I'm going to scroll down to this love locks picture.…Now if you've been following along throughout this course,…we've already edited one version of this image,…so what I'd like you to do is go to the…View menu and choose Details,…and you'll notice that this is a version set,…so I'm going to go ahead and click that triangle.…
If you don't have this version set,…if you haven't been following along…with each video, that's fine,…just select this image and go ahead…and open it in the editor,…but I'm going to edit this first image,…and then I'll go ahead and click the Editor button.…Now here in the Elements Editor…I want to apply some level of sharpening to this image.…Now when you are evaluating the sharpness of an image,…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.