In this video, author Chad Chelius walks you through how to use the Clone Stamp, Healing Brush, and Spot Healing Brush tools to retouch areas of a photograph so that it looks the best that it possibly can.
- [Instructor] Retouching is one of the more common tasks…that you'll want to perform…when working in the Elements Editor.…Expert mode gives you several options,…and I'd like to go over some of the more common ones…that you're likely to want to use.…So let's go ahead and get started.…I'm here in the Elements Organizer,…and I'm going to click on this image…of the catamaran on the beach here,…and I'm going to click on the Editor button…to open that image in the Photoshop Elements Editor.…Now, before I actually jump in and start retouching,…there's just a couple of minor things I'd like to do first.…
So, the first thing I wanna do is straighten this image.…So, I'm gonna grab my Straighten tool down here,…and I'm gonna make sure that Autofill edges is enabled,…and then I'm just gonna click and drag…a line across the horizon of the image.…And that's gonna straighten my image…and Elements Editor is gonna fill in those edges for me.…So that looks a lot better already.…Now it's also a little bit hazy too,…so I'm gonna go to the Enhance menu…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.