In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you how to resize an image without distorting important subject matter within the image. Using the Recompose tool, you can mark elements to be protected allowing everything else to be resized.
- [Narrator] Sometimes it would be nice…if you could increase the size of an image…without actually altering certain elements of that image.…This concept might of seemed almost impossible…not too long ago.…But the Elements Editor provides us with a tool…that does just that.…Let's take a closer look.…Now I'm in the Elements Organizer.…And I'm gonna scroll down towards the bottom.…And I have a picture here of my kids standing…on the Santa Monica Pier.…So I'm gonna select that image,…click on the Editor button…to open that in the Elements Editor.…
Now to give you a little bit of background,…I have a picture frame that is horizontal in nature.…And I thought this was just a really great shot.…But I need the image to be wider.…So what I'm gonna do is,…I'm gonna go to the Image menu,…choose Resize, Image Size.…And because I'm having prints made…I want to see what the size of the image is…at the resolution that I'm gonna output it.…So with Resample Image unchecked,…I'm gonna change the resolution to 240.…So I'll go ahead and click OK.…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.