In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you how to remove that dreaded red eye and pet eye from people and pets. The red eye removal tool provides a few options for controlling the amount and size of correction that you'll learn about while watching this video.
- [Instructor] Red eye is something…that every photographer has experienced.…It's actually most prevalent in point and shoot cameras…where the flash is close to the lens…causing light to bounce off the eye and back into the lens,…giving that red appearance.…We run into the same situation…when photographing our pets as well.…So, let's take a look at how to fix this problem…using the Elements' editor.…Now, I'm going to start here in the Elements Organizer.…If I scroll down to the bottom,…you're going to see that I have three images here.…
I have this image, this image, and this image…and I'm going to select all three.…And I'm going to go ahead and click the Editor button…to open those images in the Elements' editor.…Now, I'm first going to click on this red eye image.…And this is a picture of my friend Tim Gray…who provided me with this image.…And you can see here if I zoom in a little bit…that he has that dreaded red eye.…And it was probably because somebody…took a quick picture of him with a point and shoot camera…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.