In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you how to use some of the great creative options found in the Quick Edit mode including adjustments, effects, textures, and frames. Follow along as you begin with a basic image and add creative effects to create a creative project.
- [Voiceover] The quick edit mode also contains…a number of useful adjustments, effects,…textures and frames, that can be applied to any photo.…These features allow you to customize your photo…from a number of presets, with great control as well.…Let's take a look at how to apply these to a photo…in quick edit mode.…I'm starting here in the elements organizer,…and you can choose any photo that you wish for this project.…But I'm gonna choose a photo that I want to use here.…I'm gonna go with this image right here, of the butterfly.…
So with this selected, I'm gonna come down to the bottom…and click on the editor button…to open this image in the elements editor.…Now, once we have this open in the elements editor,…we want to make sure that we're in the quick edit mode…for this lesson.…And, in the quick edit mode,…we have a number of choices to choose from.…I'm gonna start down here in the lower right corner…by clicking on the adjustments button.…You have six different categories here.…We have Smart Fix, the way these adjustments work…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.