- View Offline
- Arranging the panels and interface
- Cropping and resizing photos
- Creating new layers
- Refining selections
- Hiding content with a layer mask
- Using adjustment layers
- Correcting color, lighting, and contrast
- Converting a color photo to black and white
- Creating a panorama from multiple photos
- Retouching blemishes and wrinkles
- Making adjustments in Camera Raw
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi there, I'm Jan Kabili, your instructor for Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials Editing and Retouching. This course zeroes in on the heart of Elements 11, its Expert Edit workspace. This is the part of Elements that gives you the most control and flexibility over editing and retouching your photos so they look the way that you want them to. The first thing to know about the so-called Expert Edit workspace is that you don't have to be an expert to use it. First, I'll help you get comfortable with the basics, like cropping and resizing your photos, and working with layers, masks, and selections.
Then we'll dive in to how to adjust photos, with corrections to lighting, color, and detail. I'll show you how to combine bracketed exposures and multiple group shots to get the best from each photo. I'll demonstrate specific techniques for retouching portraits so your subjects always look great. And I'll walk you through how to process your RAW photos as well as your JPEGs with the Camera RAW plugin for Elements Editor. There's lots to cover, so let's jump right in and get started.