In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you how to use the Speed Pan guided edit to create the appearance of motion within a photograph as if you were following the subject with your camera keeping the subject in focus and the background blurred.
- [Instructor] Speed pan is one of my favorite…guided edits in this latest version of Elements Editor.…It allows you to create the illusion…of your subject moving quickly, as if you shot…the subject while panning with your camera,…and creates a nice realistic effect.…So I'm going to start in my Organizer,…and I'm going to use this image of the girl skateboarding.…So I'm going to go ahead and select that,…come down here and click on the Editor button…to open that in the Elements Editor.…Now, the speed pan guided edit is located…in the fun edits category under guided edit.…
So I'm going to go ahead and click on that.…And if you scroll up a little bit,…you'll see the speed pan option.…So I'm going to go ahead and choose that.…And the first thing we need to do for this effect is to…choose the subject that you do not want to appear…blurred, if you will, or have the motion apply.…So, in this case, that's going to be the girl here.…So what I'm going to do, is I'm going to grab…my quick selection tool.…
And you can go ahead and zoom in if you want to.…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.