In this video, author Chad Chelius shows you how to use the Levels guided edit to change an underexposed photo into a more well exposed image. You'll learn how to adjust the shadows, highlights, and midtones to create the overall look and feel that you desire.
- [Narrator] Making basic tonal adjustments to an image…is probably one of the most common tasks…you'll be performing in Photoshop Elements.…Let's face it, not all of our photos are perfect shots…and need some level of correction.…The levels adjustment, which I'm about to show you,…is an excellent tool for controlling…total adjustment in an image.…Let me walk you through the process…so you can see how easy it is to improve your images…using this adjustment.…Now I'm starting here in the elements organizers…and I'm gonna select this image…of the girl with a flower in her hair.…
So with that selected,…I'm gonna come down here and click on the editor button,…to open that image in the elements editor.…I'm already in guided edit mode…so down here the photo is showing up in my Photo Bin.…You don't have to display this if you don't want to,…we can click on the Photo Bin icon to hide it.…Now if I got to the basics category,…you're gonna see that down here…I can click on this levels adjustment.…So I'm gonna go ahead and click on levels,…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.