In this video, author Chad Chelius walks you through the process of creating, adjusting, moving, and changing the visibility of layers in the Elements 15 Editor. See how powerful layers are once you understand how they work.
- [Instructor] Layers are one of the core foundations…of making basic and complex edits to images…within the Elements Editor.…Because of this, it's important to understand…how to use and modify layers.…Let's take a closer look at how to work with layers,…so you can take your image editing to the next level.…Now I'm beginning this video in the Elements Editor…with no document open,…and I'm currently in the Expert mode…as you can see here.…Now I'm going to create a new blank document…by going to the File menu, choosing New,…and choose Blank File.…
And I'm just going to create a document…that is six inches wide, four inches tall,…at 72 pixels per inch.…Go ahead and click OK,…and now we have a new blank document.…Now any document that you create…or open for that matter,…especially images from your camera,…are always going to have at least one layer.…And that layer is typically called the Background layer.…Now the Background layer is somewhat unique…in that it doesn't contain any transparent pixels…and it actually can't contain any transparent pixels.…
- Importing photos from a camera, computer, or iPhoto library
- Adding keyword tags and ratings to photos
- Automatically tagging people
- Organizing photos into albums
- Renaming and moving photos
- Correcting common photo problems
- Retouching photos of friends and family
- Adjusting lighting and color
- Working with layers
- Converting photos to black and white
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adding text to photos
- Working with raw photos
- Making a slideshow
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with Photoshop Elements 15
The Welcome Screen2m 56s
2. Working with the Elements Organizer
3. Managing Photos in the Elements Organizer
4. Sharing Photos in the Elements Organizer
Emailing your photos3m 15s
5. The Photoshop Elements Editor
6. Photoshop Elements Guided Edits
7. Photoshop Elements Expert Mode
8. Working with Layers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.